Car Hire Portugal - Rent a Car
BlueAlliance - Car Hire in Faro, Lisbon, Porto , Estoril Cascais......
Car hire in Portugal has never been so easy!
Book your car now at our site and have the car you selected waiting at the location you want.
The brand Bluealliance is used by 2 portuguese car rental enterprises: Realcar - Rent a Car and Lusorent - Rent a Car.
This partnership was created in order to offer more rental locations to the clients. Bluealliance is represented at the major locations throughout Portugal.
|Go to Top|
These Terms and Conditions are valid from 01-01-2014 on
BLUEALLIANCE (registered brand nº 494457 and 485425 in the Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial ‘’Portuguese National Institute of the industrial property’’) is a brand jointly owned by two rent-a-car companies, Realcar Ltd. and Lusorent Ltd. Both companies seek to enlarge their business networks and maintain closer relations with its Customers. Every item in this “Terms and Conditions” document is common to both companies. Therefore, when BLUEALLIANCE is stated one should also read “BLUEALLIANCE’s Local Partner”. These “Terms & Conditions” are not a valid rental agreement. Rental services will be provided after a Rental Service Agreement is signed between BLUEALLIANCE or any of its Local Partners and the Customer, as the person who signs the rental agreement. This document states the applicable terms and conditions of the rental services provided by BLUEALLIANCE through its website www.bluealliance.pt. The rental services provided by BLUEALLIANCE are available to anyone, person or entity, that specifically desires to acquire them. For that purpose, a valid registry must be conducted online, as well an agreement to these “Terms and Conditions”. These “Terms and Conditions” state the rules generally applied to the services provided by Local Partners, together with specific sets of conditions applicable to rental agreements. These “Terms and Conditions”, as well as any other referred document, are mandatory and binding, as for without expressed acceptance, Users are denied access to Online Reservation. Therefore, they will not be eligible to acquire BLUEALLIANCE’s car rental services. BLUEALLIANCE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise update the contents of these “Terms and Conditions” at any time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting or communicated to the User/Customer, whichever occurs first.
Rental Agreement – a contract requiring a payment for the temporary use of a good, service or property owned by another party.
Local Partner – The BLUEALLANCE Group is formed by two rent-a-car companies, Realcar and Lusorent, that will be here-on referred to as Local Partners, and by whom rental services will be provided
User – person who has access to and uses BLUEALLIANCE’s website
Customer – registered user in BLUEALLIANCE’s website, who is identified in the Reservation as Main Driver.
Main Driver – person who signs the rental agreement and who is entitled to drive the vehicle.
Young Driver – person who owns a valid driving licence for a period of less than 2 years and/or is between the ages of 21 and 23 years old.
Pickup of the vehicle – moment when the vehicle is given to the Main Driver
Return of the vehicle – moment when the vehicle is returned to the rental company.
Contractual coverage – in case of damage or vehicle loss, this guarantee limits the liability of the person who signs the rental agreement to the value of the deductible fee. This coverage is variable according to the available options.
CDW+TP (minimum coverage)– Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection (excluding luggage). It requires a deductible fee for every accident/theft event and its amount varies according to vehicle category.
Deductible fee – the maximum amount of damage liability for the Main Driver. Calculated for every occurrence.
Driver’s minimum age- there´s a minimum driver’s age for every vehicle grupo. Can be consulted online.
Main Driver must be aged 21 or over to rent a car.
Main Driver must hold and produce a valid driving licence for a least a year before renting a car. This applies also to Additional Drivers. Foreign Customers must hold a driving licence valid in Portugal.
Drivers holding a valid driving licence for less than 2 years and/ or aged 23 years or less are subject to a daily fee.
The rental duration is calculated using 24-hour periods, starting from the time and date of the Reservation Confirmation, and not from the time the vehicle is effectively picked up.
Rental periods range from 1 day (minimum) to 365 days.
BLUEALLIANCE’s vehicles can only be used in Portugal and only certain vehicle groups in Spain. In this last case only for those vehicle groups where in the second step of the online booking process (see 4.2) the extra ‘’Driving in Spain’’ appears. A daily fee will be charged.
The vehicle is only insured for use by the authorized Drivers in the rental agreement and for circulation in the permitted countries. Should this not apply, the selected contractual coverage ceases its validity.
BLUEALLIANCE Service Rates are stated in the price lists applicable in the time of rental. Price lists are available in the website or at our offices.
BLUEALLIANCE rates are determined according to 24-hour periods and include the legal VAT
b) Unlimited Mileage
c) 24 Hours Road Assistance in case of mechanical problems or other situations stated in the Contractual Coverage
d) Civil Responsibility insurance Coverage valued up to the legal amount.
e) CDW+TP coverage, according to the chosen Contractual Coverage, limiting the liability of the Main Driver to the value of the deductible fee.
The Final Rates stated in the Reservation Confirmation do not include:
a) all extras and expenses not stated in the Reservation Confirmation e-mail
b) any optional service not included in the Reservation Confirmation e-mail for which the Main Driver might be liable
c) all vehicle damages found at the time of the Return of Vehicle that are not included in the Contractual Coverage
Fuel expenses are not included in the rental rates. The vehicle is delivered with a full tank, and the Main Driver is expected to return it with a full tank. If the Main Driver fails to do so, BLUEALLIANCE will charge for the remaining estimated fuel expense.
The voucher acquired by the Main Driver can be traded for the rental services described in the Reservation Confirmation. Other services and additional equipment the Main Driver should require with the Local Partner will be charged at the vehicle pickup.
BLUEALLIANCE will demand a Returnable Fee Deposit at the pickup of the vehicle. The value of the Returnable Fee will be calculated according to the chosen vehicle group and Contractual Coverage. This value can be consulted at www.bluealliance.pt at the second step of the online booking Process (see 4.2). This deposit will be stated in the Rental Agreement and can only be paid for by a valid credit card VISA or MASTERCARD, belonging to the Main Driver. An authorization will be requested to the bank prior to the rental of the vehicle. At the end of the Rental Period, when the vehicle is returned and only after every expense in the Rental Agreement is fully paid for, the authorization will be cancelled. The Returnable Fee can and will be used, should any situation of non-compliance with the present document or the subsequent Rental Agreement arise, such as:
a) any damage to the vehicle that is not covered by the Contractual Coverage
b) any damage caused to additional equipment
c) difference in fuel expenses
d) extra days or hours
The Main Driver must guarantee that the maximum limit of the produced credit card covers the value of the Returnable Fee. Otherwise the Reservation will be cancelled with no refund for any payment already made.
The vehicle must be collected by the Main Driver, who must produce the following valid documents at the time of the pickup:
a) Identification document
b) Valid Driving Licence
c) Valid Credit Card with a limit that is not inferior to that of the Returnable Fee
No copies will be accepted, as well as documents that are no longer valid. All documents have to be valid to Portuguese Authorities. If the Main Driver fails to present said documents, the Reservation will be cancelled with no refund for any payment already made.
When renting a Commercial Vehicle, the Main Driver has full responsibility in producing and presenting all necessary documents for the Transportation of Products. BLUEALLIANCE is not responsible in any way, should the Main Driver fail to do so.
Any delay in returning the vehicle will be considered starting from the Return Time indicated in the Rental Agreement.
BLUEALLIANCE includes a 1-hour grace-period in its rates. After that period, and up to 3-hours in delay, an Additional Fee equivalent to a Daily Rental Fee will be applied, including all the chosen extras. If the delay surpasses a 3-hour period, the applicable fee will be the Extra Daily Fee mentioned in the Rental Agreement, including all the chosen extras.
BLUEALLIANCE will make no refund in the following circumstances:
a) If the vehicle is returned prior to the end of the rental period stated in the Reservation Confirmation
b) if the Main Driver changes the reservation, and the final Rental Fee is inferior to the initial fee stated in the Reservation Confirmation
Neither party shall be liable for failure in its performance regarding both the Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions caused by any case of Force Majeure. Force Majeure shall be defined as any irresistible or unforeseeable event, which prevents either party from fulfilling its obligations. The party claiming Force Majeure shall put it in writing and produce valid justification.
In the case of a guaranteed reservation, and prior to signing the Rental Agreement, the transaction will be cancelled and BLUEALLIANCE will refund the Main Driver of the prepaid charge that has been collected and will cease its obligations with respect to the transaction.
These Terms and Conditions are issued under Portuguese Law. Any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions, or in connection with any contract signed in the terms of this document, will be directed to the Lisbon Courts and no other jurisdiction.
BLUEALLIANCE has a selection of Additional Equipment and Services. Overcharges apply.
a) FR- medium coverage reduces the Excess. Covers collision, damage, waiver and theft of the car (luggage not included).
b) SCDW- maximum coverage – No Excess in case of collision, damage, waiver and theft of the car (luggage not included). It also includes coverage for isolated glass breakage (QIV).
c) PAI –personal accident insurance (cannot be included online. Has to be asked for at the pickup of the car)
Note: damages to tires will only be covered as a result of a collision or accident. Glass damages are also subject to the excess applied to the chosen coverage.
a) GPS – GPS Navigation System (a 100€ fee will be applied in case of loss or damage to the equipment)
b) Child Seat (children with 9- 18kg). (a 75€ fee will be applied in case of loss or damage to the equipment)
c) Child Seat (children with 15-36kg). (a 75€ fee will be applied in case of loss or damage to the equipment)
a) Young Driver Fee- the client should choose this option, case he owns a valid driving licence for a period of less than 2 years and/or is between the ages of 21 and 23 years old. Online you can choose this option only for 1 driver. Case more drivers meet these criteria, the respective fees will be charged at the pickup.
b) Driving in Spain – If the driver wants to travel with the Bluealliance vehicle to Spain, this option must be chosen.
c) Additional driver. This option should be chosen, if the car is to be driven by other people than the driver. Online you can only add 1 extra driver. At the pickup you can ask for more additional drivers. Charges will apply.
d) Airport Service Fee – applied to Rental Agreements starting in airports
e) Oneway Fee – applied to rentals where the return rental location is other than the pickup one
f) After-Hours Fee (20h – 08h) – applied to rentals where the pickup or return takes place outside normal service hours.
Registered:If the client has a registered driver profile with Bluealliance or any of its Local partners, we will only need your email and password. If the password is not to be remembered, a password recovery email can be asked for and the password can then also be changed.
Not registered: A submission form has to be filled for not registered drivers
Step 1: ‘’Choose a car’’ -Selection of the required Service – choice of vehicle, rental locations and dates.
Step 2: ‘’Choose the Extras’’ -Rental Details – selection and view of the rental details (Extras)
Step 3: ‘’Your Data’’ – Main Driver’s Information – the Main Driver’s personal Data must be provided in this form
Step 4: - Payment or Reservation Request
Payment: if the vehicle of choice is available for the requested dates and locations, the Main Driver will be redirected to Redunicre’s web platform to perform a secure payment (using https). Reservation is immediately confirmed after the payment is made.
Reservation Request: if the vehicle of choice happens to be in LOW Availability Status, BLUEALLIANCE.pt will forward a Reservation Request to its Department of Reservations. In this case, no payment will be asked at this phase. The client will then receive another email in order to make the payment; case the chosen car is available.
At the end of the booking process, the Main Driver will receive a confirmation email containing the details of the reservation. This email should be printed and produced at the time of vehicle pickup.
BLUEALLIANCE can only effectively guarantee Vehicle Group availability. Specific brands and models are subject to Local Partner availability at the time of vehicle pickup.
In order to book a vehicle at www.bluealliance.pt there´s a minimum and a maximum time advance.
At ‘’Rental Details’’ (2nd step of the online booking Process), the client can add the Extras (Additional Coverage, Equipment and Fees).
The total value will appear at the same page. All the choices will be mentioned in the reservation Confirmation.
Please refer to Online Payment Conditions (as stated in item 5).
BLUEALLIANCE is required to provide the requested vehicle category, as confirmed at the time of reservation, subject to the Local Partner rental requirements and only after the Rental Agreement is signed by both parties.
If the vehicle category cannot be provided, BLUEALLIANCE will provide alternative solutions at no additional cost to the Main Driver.
BLUEALLIANCE offers a “Meet and Greet Service” for Airport Pickups and Deliveries. The Main Driver must fill in the form with the Flight Number (at the 3rd step of the booking Process), and BLUEALLIANCE will have an Employee waiting on arrival and up to one-hour after the estimated landing time. After this period, BLUEALLIANCE should be contacted directly.
If the flight lands outside of normal service hours, an After-Hours Fee may apply.
All modifications and cancellations must be sent to BLUEALLIANCE by email, together with a copy of the Reservation Confirmation. Requests will become effective as soon as BLUEALLIANCE receives the communication. The email address used should be the one associated with the reservation.
Modification/Cancellation fees may apply, and require BLUEALLIANCE to ask for a new Payment Confirmation.
In case of Cancellation:
a) Up to 7 days prior to due pick up date, an Administrative Fee of 25,00€ will apply.
b) Between 7 and 4 days prior to due pick up date, an Additional Fee of 10% (of total amount paid in the Reservation) will be charged, together with an Administrative Charge of 25,00€.
c) Between 4 and 2 days prior to due pick up date, an Additional Fee of 30% (of total amount paid in the Reservation) will be charged, together with an Administrative Charge of 25,00€.
d) After 48-hours prior and until due pick up date and time, no value will be refunded.
Note: If the total of the paid reservation is inferior to the Administrative Fee (a) or the administrative Fee together with the additional fee (b,c and d), only the amount paid will be charged
BLUEALLIANCE will not make any refund should the Main Driver fail to collect the vehicle in the date and time indicated in the Reservation Confirmation, without a Cancellation request.
When making an online reservation, the User voluntarily gives personal information to BLUEALLIANCE. This information is kept in a digital database and under Portuguese Law. Users have the right to access, update, correct or delete the information at any time, if desired and upon request to Bluealliance.
When making a payment through BLUEALLIANCE’s website, www.bluealliance.pt, the Customer is accepting the purchase of a valid service voucher which is sold by Realcar – Turismo e Aluguer de Automóveis Lda. with the NIF 500347077, for the agreed value in the Reservation Confirmation.The voucher will only be issued after all services mentioned in the Reservation are fully paid for. The voucher can be traded at counter at BLUEALLIANCE’s Local Partners. The email confirmation of the paid Reservation is personal and non-transmittable.
Online payment is available only through Credit Card. The card must belong to the Main Driver. Only VISA and MASTERCARD are accepted. Payment is accepted in accordance with the limits authorized by the credit card issuer.
The payment authorizes BLUEALLIANCE to charge the credit card for the described amount.
Online payment is provided by Redunicre, using Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (https://).
BLUEALLIANCE does not have access to any credit card data at the moment of the payment of the reservation.
Online tariffs are not subject to reductions or accumulable with other promotional offers, except if mentioned in this website.
These “Terms and Conditions”, as well as the documents: Conditions of the Bluealliance Rental Agreement + Data Treatment and Protection Policy, regulate BLUEALLIANCE’s rental services to its Customers. When making an online reservation using BLUEALLIANCE’s website www.bluealliance.pt, the Main Driver declares having read and fully understood these “Terms and Conditions”. The use of the BLUEALLIANCE website signifies agreement with these Terms. By accepting the “Terms and Conditions” the Main Driver declares to be over the legal age to make a contract agreement, in accordance to Portuguese Law. Any person, who is underaged or has no legal capacity to make a valid contract agreement, cannot in any way acquire the services that BLUEALLIANCE and its Local Partners have to offer.
BLUEALLIANCE (registered brand nº 494457 and 485425 in the Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial ‘’Portuguese National Institute of the industrial property’’) is a brand jointly owned by two rent-a-car companies, Realcar Ltd. and Lusorent Ltd. Every item in this “Terms and Conditions” document is common to both companies. Therefore, when BLUEALLIANCE is stated one should also read “BLUEALLIANCE’s Local Partner”.
“BLUEALLIANCE – rent a car (down bellow referred as “BLUEALLIANCE”) hereby rents the vehicle described and subject to all the terms and conditions of this rental agreement in consideration thereof the client acknowledges and agrees, though his signature.
1a) That received the vehicle in good order and perfect conditions of use: 1b)That he will return the vehicle with all the documents, all the tyres (including the spare one), tools, accessories and equipment to the BLUEALLIANCE office where the vehicle has been rented, or a previsiosly agreed place and it must be reported in the verse of the present rental agreement;
2. BLUEALLIANCE is entitled to shorten the period of the rental at its discretion and to demand the return of the vehicle;
3. The vehicle should not be used:a) To transport goods in violation of the costums regulations or any illegal manner. b) To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or object. c) To transport passengers or property for consideration. d) In any kind of motor sports events like races, competition or in accompaniment of those. e) By any person under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medicines or in other circunstances that prejudice the good driving. f) By any other person except the renter, unless the same has been previsiosly designed and authorized by BLUEALLIANCE, in the previous space in the verse of this rental agreement. The BLUEALLIANCE approval of any other driver doesn’t mean at all the renounce to the renter’s obligations imposed on this rental agreement. g) By a driver holding a driver’s licence for less than a year or under 23 years old, unless authorized by BLUEALLIANCE. h) Out of the limits of Portugal continental without Bluealliance previous authorization.
4. Renter expressly acknowledges personal liability and pay to BLUEALLIANCE on demand: a) The kilometrage for all kilometres driven by the vehicle during the rental (in case of failure of the speedometer the rental will be calculated according to the road map distance plus 10%). Relevant for the assessment of the kilometres is the calibrated and sealed speedometer. b) The charges for the rental, collision damage walver (CDW), if previously agreed personal accident insurance (PAI) and other standard charges at rates shown on the front page. c) An additional one way fee. d) All fines and court costs or extra-court for any road offences. e) All the costs including the court costs and the lawyer’s fee hired to get the payment of any amounts owed by the renter. f) The expenses by repairs and damages caused by crash, collision or capsizing of the vehicle. Such expenses will be cancelled, in the terms in the verse of this rental agreement, if the renter has previsiosly agreed and signed with BLUEALLIANCE the payment of the cdw fee. The daily cost of cdw fee and postage, it means, the value which by the renter still be responsible in the crash, collision or capsizing of the vehicle, is reported in the verse of this rental agreement. In any case the costs of the vehicle´s tow to the BLUEALLIANCE office, are always of the renter’s responsibility. g) All the expenses resulting from loss mislay or damage of documents, tyres, tools and accessories of the vehicle. h) The costs resulting from the immobilization of the vehicle as well as of the vehicle’s tow to BLUEALLIANCE office, where it was rented, in the terms stablished on 1.b). i) The missing fuel on the tank.
5. The rented vehicle is insured according to the legal provision of the country (where the vehicle is registered). In order to protect BLUEALLIANCE´s interests in case of accident, renter will do the following: a) Find out names and addresses of involved parts and witnesses. b) Not admit guilt or liability. c) Not leave the vehicle without taking adequate protective measures. d) Call to BLUEALLIANCE even in case of a slight damage and give a detailed report including diagrams, etc. e) Notify the Police immediately if the other’s guilt has to be ascertained or people are injured. An omission of the prescribed obligations leads to the loss of the insurance cover.
6. Renter hereby releases BLUEALLIANCE from any liability for loss of any property left, stored or transported by the renter or any other person in or upon the vehicle, during the term of this rental or after return the vehicle to BLUEALLIANCE
7. Renter should always lock the vehicle; otherwise the insurance cover against theft will be lost.
8. Any additions to or alterations of this contract are to be considered null and void, unless they have been agreed upon in.
9. This contract is construed in accordance with the laws of the country, where the vehicle is registered. The courts at the place of registration of the vehicle or at the place in the capital city of the country where the vehicle is registered shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
10. For repair expenses exceeding €12.50, an authorization from BLUEALLIANCE must be obtained. Refunds for such repairs will be paid only against confirmatory invoices.
11. If the vehicle will not be delivered on the stablished date the insurances will be cancelled and the Police advised.
12. BLUEALLIANCE will not be responsible for any breakdown on the vehicle and is consequences, like damages or delays.
13. The renter will always be responsible for damages on the vehicle, not caused by crash, collision or capsizing, but by situations not covered by the insurance policy usually called of “all the risks”, though not likely.
14. If the vehicle will not be delivered on the established day, or if the renter does not pay to BLUEALLIANCE all the due amounts at the time of the return of the car, or any other date previously established, he will lose the right to any special prices, discounts, promotions or any other commercial advantages and must pay to BLUEALLIANCE the days of the rental multiplied by the price stated on “Extra Days” plus any other due amounts.
15. Client is responsible to pay to BLUEALLIANCE for the whole rental period established on this contract even if by any motive he returns the car previously.
BLUEALLIANCE abides to Portuguese Law nº67/98, October 26th, regulating Personal Data Protection and Treatment.
This website and the treatment of personal data are the responsibility of Realcar, Turismo e aluguer de Automóveis Lda., with the NIF nº500347077, main office at Avenida Madame Curie 11 A, 1070-166 Lisbon/ Portugal.
Under Portuguese Personal Data Protection Law, BLUEALLIANCE’s Customers have the right to access, update, correct or delete the provided information, including the email address, as well as to oppose any data treatment and be informed of any action performed to cease information. In order to do any of these actions, a Registered Mail Communication must be sent to BLUEALLIANCE (Bluealliance, Department of Reservations and Customer Care; Avenida Madame Curie 11 A 1070-166 Lisbon/ Portugal, phone number +351217210643; email: email@example.com).
The personal data and information requested upon Online Payment and Reservation Process are mandatory and will be digitally processed by BLUEALLIANCE or its partners.
Customers must inform BLUEALLIANCE of any changes in personal information, and are fully responsible for any omission or wrongful information.